BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 4 Update & Birth Control Rant

So I just got back from Walmart. Stopped there to by some new workout clothes because I've decided to join the gym. Planet Fitness just seems so much more inviting than my dark, creepy dungeon basement lol! I bought  black yoga pants and  black knee length sweat pants with a green clover on the hip and 'good luck' on the butt. They're really cute and since it's almost St Patties Day, I figured I'd sport my Irish Pride haha =) I also got 2 tank tops, one plain black with a built in sports bra and another pink leopard print one with a bra built in. I love my animal prints, sue me. Got some diet coke and crystal lite in pink lemonade, kiwi strawberry and peach mango. Yum, I can't wait to try some, they look so good =)

I also bought a calcium suppliment since I've shrunk well over 2 inches since I was 14 (I'm 23). The years when I should have been growing taller, I was actually shrinking. I blame the birth control shot Depo Provera. I was only on it for about 6 months and in that time I shrunk a whole 1/2 an inch! That may not seem like alot but trust me, it is. At only age 14, (before taking the depo shot) I was almost 5'8" and growing. Since then I have been literally shrinking. Studies of this shot have proven it to cause early onset of Osteoporosis in woman of all ages. According to LawyersandSettlements.com, article link here,

"Depo-Provera contains a powerful variant of the hormone progestosterone which is released through a hypodermic shot every few months. This hormone has been shown to increase the loss of bone density in women of all ages, including teen and young adult women who are in critical stages of natural bone growth. Concerns that the drug causes massive and partially irreversible bone loss in young women have led to a number of lawsuits in the US and three lawsuits in Canada."

I should really probably sue. As it literally ruined my hopes of becoming a model. I was accepted into Barbizon Modeling School and had 2 NY agencies interested but because of my obvious and untimely 'shrinking' I lost all chances to live my dream of being a run way fashion and editorial model. I could have done catalogs and stuff like that but I wasn't interested in that. *sigh* So yea, enough ranting about how my dream failed. Point being .... Depo Provera SUCKS! Don't ever take it!


Anyways, I still need to buy an Iron Suppliment because I am also very anemic. How someone of my weight and how much red meat I like to eat is freakin anemic is beyond me! lol

I've done great today. I haven't eaten anything at all so far and it's now 11:00 pm! =D But I'm getting pretty hungry so I'm probably going to make some roasted broccoli with garlic, EVO, italian seasoning and sea salt and fry up some red pepper with the same mixture. Mmmmm, it's sooo good! Low cal, low fat, freakin so tasty you could die! Seriously, try it sometime, trust me you'll love it =)

2 comments:

  1. yum those veggies sound amazing!!!!!!! keep it up girl. that sucks that you shrunk! at lease your not 5'2". thats what i am

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's scary about the birth control causing early onset of Osteoporosis. A few of my relatives have osteoporosis so I have been warned to take preventative measures since I was a child.

    I'm glad things are going well for you on the ABC diet and everything so far.

    ReplyDelete